Airline_BoatUSAd_10-12.qxd:Layout 1 10/18/12 4:14 PM Page 1
1. After determining the best location
for the latch mount (in this case, front
and center of the hatch near the lift tab),
mount the keeper. Mark and drill holes
for the bolts using the holes in the keeper
2. Secure the keeper using stainless-steel bolts and nylon insert nuts.
3. Hang the latch lever from the mounted keeper, noting where the bracket should
be mounted to stretch the flexible lever
assembly and get the desired tension when
the latch is clamped.
4. Mark the bracket position and use
the holes as guides for drilling the pilot
holes for the mounting screws.
5. With the drill in reverse to minimize
gelcoat chipping, drill the pilot holes for
the screws used to mount the latch
bracket in place.
6. Tighten the mounting screws for the
7. Test the latch to make sure it’s
mounted in the correct position to hold the
hatch closed under tension.
8. The completed installation means no
more rattling, slapping hatch on the road or
on the water!
AUGUST | SEPTEMBER 2017 BoatU.S. Magazine | 87